Friday, May 16, 2008

New? No, but they are back on the block alright!

I'm at the point I can now say, "this shows my age". As a young girl New Kids on the Block were all the rage. Ok, I have to admit I was obsessed. Now they are back together with their own kids watching them from home. Looking back at all the paraphernalia they sold to us (lunch boxes, buttons, sleeping bags, board games, etc) what an amazing marketing machine they were! At one point they were compared to the Beatles, not for their music but the girl-craze that ensued when they so much as walked down the street. How does a group of good looking, average singers, not so great dancers get to be chased down the road after screaming, crying girls? I don't know the answer, but I do know the marketing machine is back - and I'm ready. The tickets are selling like hot cakes, not to mention the prices for resell are getting $300+ per ticket - auh! Me, I'm well prepared with a box of old buttons and posters that have a good amount of dust on them (thank you mom for keeping everything!). Ebay, here I come.

No comments: