Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gravity Free 2008

After three days of inspiring, creative, mind blowing, brain freezing speeches by the industry's noteworthy designers - I feel like I'm just now coming back down to earth. This year's conference was held in Chicago and although I missed touring the city, I did get to listen to and meet some of the most "dangerous minds" of the design world. From Stefan Sagmeister to Karim Rashid and Massimo Vignelli to Chip Kidd - the list could go on and on. While their disciplines were design based, I was amazed at the diversity in approach and character. If you've ever needed a pick-me-up to get your creative-self turned around, this is the conference to do it. At first I laughed at the "money back guaranteed" message on the website, but there is no doubt I will not be asking for any refund. While my head still spins from all that I heard, saw and learned I will take away this: we can do better. What I mean is that they are people just like you and I. What sets them apart is they did something. Anything. And everything. So, get off your butt and make a difference ... now, yes you - up out of that chair and do something!

If you have time to spare (ha), check out the site and make sure you click through to each speaker's website to see more of what they do. http://www.exhibitoronline.com/gravityfree/2008.asp

Check out another blogger at Core 77 that took diligent notes and pictures (my gaping mouth prevented me from doing so.)

No comments: